Following on from last week's decision, I completely finish the en-suite.
I have been putting this job off for weeks. I need 6 smoke alarms (1 on each floor, 2 in the long 1st floor corridor & 1 in my parents Annex) which under current regulations must be mains powered with battery back-up. They are also linked so that any one going off will activate all the others. This vitally includes the Annex for my parents and here was the problem. I had installed the wiring for the Annex but they got covered when the ceiling boards were fitted. I therefore had to get a new wire from the last smoke alarm to my parents end. In the end I had to route it via the attic, down through the ceiling into the cupboard in my study, down the wall through the newly fitted shelves (last week!) and finally through the floor to my parents lounge ceiling. Two hours plus & a lot of sweat!
As you know, I have tried to photograph everything but missed the location of this wire. Lesson? You can't take too many pictures!
Please see the Olympus Cameras announcement later on this page!
From the very outset of this project I have tried to photograph everything. Many of the photographs are simply for historical record but many more (that you do not see) are for technical or future reference. I have taken thousands. They have all been taken with the same Olympus C2000Z digital camera which is 4 years old. This camera has worked faultlessly throughout. However, with the rapid advances in digital camera technology, I decided it was time to upgrade. I wrote to Olympus asking them if they would be willing to sponsor my project and the web site. They have agreed and a C-350 camera duly arrived this week!
I now have 6 days off so we should see some significant progress next week including: