This week we correct the biggest mistake of the whole project. We replace all the internal doors - all 32 of them! As you may recall, I used external, ledged & braced pine doors. These gave the exact "cottage" style look I was after. Unfortunately. I was not aware that external, soft-wood doors are not designed to cope with modern centrally heated houses - they all warped. Consequently we made the decision to replace them all with Idigbo (an African hardwood known as "poor mans oak") hand made doors.
You will recall the on-going major dispute with BT (see Week 111 and all weeks since). It has been unusable since May.
This week they have been in contact. No solution but they are working on a temporary fix whilst the software company try to find a permanent solution.
To be continued.....
So we don't forget what we have achieved here is a quick look at what we were doing one and two years ago.